Cricket is one of the largest and most profitable sports in the world, with its presence in every part of the world. It has been around for centuries, starting from the 1500s, and is still growing strong despite the ongoing circumstances. As of today, about 104 nations are official members of the International Cricket Council.
Cricket is an international sport, but it has individual events, such as the Indian Premier League (IPL), valued at $6.3 Billion in 2018. The value has grown tremendously since then, as is the popularity of the game. With other valuable sports entering the crypto ecosystem, it was time that cricket did too.
Cricket Nation is the world’s first digital collectible or NFT marketplace exclusively for cricket. The platform aims to bring the power of blockchain into the sport and provide a new outlet for cricket fans worldwide to show their love for the game.
All you need to know about Cricket Foundation
Cricket Foundation is a blockchain-powered platform that brings crypto functionality to cricket and creates new applications for the game. The company aims to build several applications revolving around the game and capitalize on the marketing prospect of the game to create collectibles and merchandise. As of now, Cricket Foundation offers services as:
- Digital Collectibles
- Rights Management
- Fan Tokens and Engagement
- Gaming and gamification
Being a decentralized platform, Cricket Foundation is governed by its many partners. Some of the most active and prominent partners include VVS Laxman, Parthiv Patel, Deep Dasgupta, Jason Roy, Shaun Tait, Wasim Akram and Lance Klusener among 35 cricketers and 11 ecosystem partners in over nine countries. As the list of the partners and ecosystem grows, so will the services provided by Cricket Foundation.
Like any other blockchain-based project, Cricket Foundation is powered by its CRICKET token that acts as the backbone for all the services. Cricket Foundation includes an NFT platform, and the CRICKET token will be used for transactions on the marketplace. The main use cases for CRICKET are:
- CRICKET is the primary transaction medium to avail services offered by Cricket Foundation.
- The platform uses the token as an incentivization tool for participation in the governance of the platform.
- The token will preserve the value within the ecosystem as it can only be used inside the platform.
- CRICKET will empower all the present and future services and products built within the ecosystem.
- CRICKET will also be used to reward user contributions and various campaigns, academies, promotions, etc.
- Cricket Foundation plans on merging with Zebi Tokens, and until then, a part of the CRICKET token will be used to contribute towards the platform manually.
CricketCrazy – The World’s First Cricket Collectibles NFT Marketplace
NFTs or Non-fungible tokens integrate real-world assets such as art and sports memorabilia with the blockchain world. In doing so, NFTs add value to the items and make their ownership permanent by registering it on the blockchain world. CricketCrazy is the world’s first NFT marketplace specifically designed for cricket.
Here are few core features of CricketCrazy :
- Licensed Authentic Collectibles: All the items listed on CricketCrazy will be licensed, unique, and genuine.
- Revolutionary Pricing Model: The pricing model of the marketplace is designed to incentivize participation, asset creation, and purchasing.
- Asset Monetization Strategies: CricketCrazy will gradually release collectibles to control the supply and demand of the NFTs and have a detailed price modeling system.
Cricket Foundation offers several products and services and will continue adding more as the ecosystem grows. It is run by the underlying CRICKET token and a PoS network built on Cosmos and Zebi SDK. The company recently started pre-allocation for its token and is offering early joining rewards. Check out their website to know more about how the platform operates.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.